Top this off with great animation, and you've got Peter Pan, a truly great Disney hero." Of course, in a true reflection of modern-day America, he gets caught up in the Hollywood lifestyle, forgetting his simple playful antics that wooed Jasmine in the first place. Unlike Quasimodo, Tarzan and King Arthur, who all stayed human like in the texts they originated from, Robin Hood becomes a fox. - James Taylor Woody is a great character because he comes to realize what is important in life and lives accordingly. One hundred sixty-two heroes were nominated, ranging from Walt Disney's first undeniable cartoon star (Mickey Mouse) to Benjamin Franklin Gates of the still-in-some-theaters blockbuster National Treasure. 101 Dalmatians Links: DVD Review | Limited Issue DVD (out of print / Platinum Edition in 2007) | Cruella De Vil in Disney Villains Countdown | Animated Classics Page There's the eccentric dog Nana, the bitchy fairy Tinker Bell, and the wicked yet equally wussy Captain Hook. Whenever I think of this movie, I always remember that boy who truly risked his life for the one he loved: Megara. Lilo & Stitch Links: DVD Review | DVD | Upcoming 2-Disc Special Edition Information Toy Story Links: 10th Anniversary Edition DVD Press Release | Preorder the 10th Anniversary Edition DVD | Toy Story & Toy Story 2: The Ultimate Toy Box DVD Review | "Strange Things" in Disney Songs Countdown | Sid in Villains Countdown | The Pixar DVDs Perhaps the character is a bit of a callback to the hardly-defined princes of early Disney animated films, but somehow it's clear that Eric is an alright chap who would be a nice beau for Ariel if she had legs. - Disney's Divinity • "Prince Phillip fits the iconic image of a hero to the letter. Streaming Now on Disney+ – Sign Up at https://disneyplus.com/Put the glad in gladiator and sing along to Hercules' "Zero to Hero" with this lyric video. The Big Hero 6 soundtrack is the official soundtrack to Big Hero 6, composed by Henry Jackman. If that didn't happen, we'd never get to see all 101 Dalmatians! In one of the most aesthetically stunning and adventuresome scenes in Disney history, the prince slays the witch dragon and with a kiss awakens the true love he walked with "once upon a dream." - Raydawggie Not only is his character interesting but his super powers make him as cool as possible! • "'From zero to hero'; Herc proved that he was strong without the god powers and even saved the soul of his true love Meg *sigh*." Only 13 left in stock - order soon. He becomes friends with Dory, who gives him the courage to swim through the farthest reaches of the deep blue to rescue him. Voices: Walt Disney, James MacDonald, Wayne Allwine • "If it weren't for Pongo's strength and love for Perdy, this 'pet' would never have met his mate! In fact, he's the only one in the Chinese army who is in shape, a reality he must address in his guidance. Though he means well with his innovative seed-picking invention, it is this creation which causes the central conflict between the ants and the grasshoppers. - RJKD23 Voices: Bobby Stewart, Donnie Dunagan, Hardie Albright, John Sutherland This principled and esteemed furry blue monster soon becomes a father figure for Boo, the little human girl who wanders on to the other side of her bedroom closet. Voice: Bill Shirley No doubt, there are many similar people out there in the real world, so Jim being able to defeat his tragic past and be a success to himself calls out to those who've done the same." In one of several hefty cartoon character voiceovers he did in a short period, John Goodman gets this performance especially right. The Lion Guard. See more ideas about disney, disney favorites, disney art. He's agile, slick and has a little light that blinks. He comes 22) Shang, Mulan (1998) Voice: Brian Bedford At the start of the film, a tragedy strikes, breaking Marlin down into a nervous wreck. ★Subscribe for more videos for kids: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAmia3u27mHY-Y6c-lwakAQ?sub_confirmation=1Here comes the Pororo Heroes!!!!! He comes Jack Sparrow, Baloo, Mufasa, Bernard, Basil of Baker Street, Goofy, Dumbo, Dash. The scene in Sid's room describes Buzz's true hero side and Toy Story 2 proved it further when he lead the toys to save Woody. Unlike Quasimodo, Tarzan and King Arthur, who all stayed human like in the texts they originated from, Robin Hood becomes a fox. - RJKD23 • "Incredible strength that saved the world and his family." "Quasimodo's is a sad and tear-worthy story. In the end, the Pumpkin King can be summed up as a rather naïve hero who, like many other Disney protagonists, is searching for his place in the world. Although he loved her, he didn't throw a temper tantrum when he found out she loved another. Being overprotective and a bit worrisome leads Nemo to vanish having just uttered the three words that must wrench a parent's heart ("I hate you"). He is the guy who "Woody is the 'everyman' of the Disney films. Lady and the Tramp Links: Limited Issue DVD (out of print; Platinum Edition: March 2006) | DVD Review | "He's a Tramp" in Songs Countdown | Animated Classics Amazon.fr : Achetez Disney's Hero Songs (Volume 3) (UK Import) [Audio CD] Various Artists au meilleur prix. We have all had experiences that have metaphorically thrown us off of the bed, so we can all relate to his struggle to adapt to Buzz Lightyear's entrance into his life. Hero lyrics performed by Starstruck (Disney Original Movie Soundtrack): I'm no Superman, I can't take your hand And fly you anywhere you want to go, yeah I can't read your mind like a billboard sign And tell you everything you want to hear in Disney Songs Countdown | Captain Hook, Villains Countdown, 10) Mickey Mouse, Fantasia (1940), Fun and Fancy Free (1946), The Three Musketeers (2004) and much more The Little Mermaid Links: Limited Issue DVD (out of print / Platinum - October 2006) | DVD Review | The Little Mermaid in Animated Classics Countdown | Different Types of Disney DVD Releases | "Kiss the Girl" in Songs Countdown | Ursula in Villains Countdown Voice: Mel Gibson Lady and the Tramp Links: Limited Issue DVD (out of print; Platinum Edition: March 2006) | DVD Review | "He's a Tramp" in Songs Countdown | Animated Classics, 14) Bambi, Bambi (1942) Incredible, The Incredibles (2004) may be just a toy, but he is one of the most coolest heroes of all time! Speaking Voice: Scott Weinger 24) Pongo, 101 Dalmatians (1961) • "Robbed from the rich to help the poor; most definitely courageous!" In fact, as an adult, he exhibits all the selflessness and bravery for his mate Faline that Mother showed for him. The word "hero" conjures up the image of a brave and valiant warrior, one with physical strength to conquer evil and the courage to do it without batting an eye. GO MR. google_color_link = "0000CC"; - snowhite8 While not my favorite of Disney's various movies, The Hunchback of Notre Dame presented one of the first male protagonists that you could feel for. • "After trying to take over Christmas and ruining it, he made up for it in the end." Mickey may be more well-known as a cultural icon than a film star, but the likable mouse has been "the good guy" of many a Disney cartoon in his nearly eighty years of existence. Beauty and the Beast Links: Diamond Edition Blu-ray + DVD Review | Platinum Edition DVD | DIScussions: Beauty and the Beast | Beauty and the Beast in Animated Classics Countdown | "Something There" in Songs Countdown | Gaston in Villains Countdown | Animated Classics google_ad_width = 120; Disney's fifth animated film is all about the growth of one deer, so it's not surprising that viewers are left with such a strong impression of the title character Bambi. Fast-forward through the sequels, and he demolished Jafar and the 40 thieves, became an actual Prince by marrying Jasmine." Voir plus d'idées sur le thème héros, my héros academia, héro academia. Of course, in a true reflection of modern-day America, he gets caught up in the Hollywood lifestyle, forgetting his simple playful antics that wooed Jasmine in the first place. Animators: Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston - RJKD23 He was once a prince but had been transformed into a monster for his mean ways. Had it not been for this hero (and Pocahontas) and his role in the Disney movie, the word "savage" would still be uttered." He's strong, good looking, sensitive, and he can swing through the trees to rescue you." may be just a toy, but he is one of the most coolest heroes of all time! Bambi Links: Interview with Don Dunagan, voice of Bambi | Platinum Edition DVD Review | Buy the DVD | Bambi in Animated Classics Countdown | Man, the Villain of Bambi | Classics, 13) Robin Hood, Robin Hood (1973) • "Timon/Pumba fan" on Simba: "The King has Returned." Guests were also able to embody The Invincible Iron Manin T… • "From Fun and Fancy Free to Fantasia to The Three Musketeers, ...he's always been the hero." Woody has his ups and downs, but he has a very good heart at his core. One hundred sixty-two heroes were nominated, ranging from Walt Disney's first undeniable cartoon star (Mickey Mouse) to Benjamin Franklin Gates of the still-in-some-theaters blockbuster National Treasure. When he discovers Silver is just using him as a way to get to the treasure, Jim's feeling of betrayal is seen and understood. On the way, he has to deal with John Silver, who takes on a sort of father figure that was never present in his life. That's why ever since the movie came out I've wanted a Buzz Lightear! - BrandonH - RJKD23 10) Mickey Mouse, Fantasia (1940), Fun and Fancy Free (1946), The Three Musketeers (2004) and much more Dec 7, 2015 - Disney CARS Lightning McQueen ft Superman DC & Iron Man Marvel Superheroes • "Meek and mild, what makes this mouse great? He shines as the film's hero, showing that he will do anything to save his offspring." Voice: Dave Foley He isn't a hero by talent, he's a hero by training. - Disney's Divinity Hercules Links: DVD Review | Gold Collection DVD | "Go the Distance" in Songs Countdown | Hades in Villains Countdown And it's not hard to see why. • "Robbed from the rich to help the poor; most definitely courageous!" The Heroes & Heroines Countdown was first published on May 23, 2005. - James Taylor Though he scares kids for a living, off-duty Sulley is eminently warm to Boo and everyone else. especially in the way of boyhood, than the adventuresome boy from Neverland, Peter Pan." - RJKD23 The connection between girl and extraterrestrial is not unlike a lonely boy and a faithful dog, a relationship seen in many a family film (and many a Disney film). Animator: Ollie Johnston This category is for superheroes who originated in media that originated with the entertainment corporation The Walt Disney Company. Having already determined the best animated classics, live action films, songs, and villains in previous countdowns, visitors were asked to decide upon the next subject earlier this year. 2 | Mickey Mouse in Black & White, Vol. In my eyes they are still living on earth climbing the stairs of the World Trade Center towers to save that one last person." In fact, as an adult, he exhibits all the selflessness and bravery for his mate Faline that Mother showed for him. google_ad_channel =""; If a hero is one who we admire, then I can think of few characters to fit the bill so perfectly. And it's not hard to see why. 17) Marlin, Finding Nemo (2003) • "In a country where divorce and parents walking out on a family is common, Jim is undeniably a dynamic character for me. Best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution or higher and with Internet Explorer 6.0. Voice: Bill Shirley Austin sings this totes cute song to Trish to remind her that her friends will always be there for her. Animators: John Ripa (Young), Glen Keane (Adult) This principled and esteemed furry blue monster soon becomes a father figure for Boo, the little human girl who wanders on to the other side of her bedroom closet. Shop Vinyl and CDs and complete your collection. "Once upon a time in an enchanted forest, there was a beautiful castle where a reclusive beast lived. The Incredibles Links: DVD Review | 2-Disc Collector's Edition | The Incredibles Store | Pixar - Other Animation | The Pixar Films on Disney DVD | Special Editions was the hero who overcame the most. "Tarzan is every girl's secret dream guy. He isn't a hero by talent, he's a hero by training. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Disney's Hero … Animator: Mark Henn (Young), Ruben Aquino (Adult) An experiment who escaped, Stitch ending up in Lilo's life was just the thing they both needed. - Brandon H There's something sweet and sincere about Marlin, a clownfish who is not particularly funny. 6) Tarzan, Tarzan (1999) I think the main reason I like him so much is because I can relate to him. • "In the course of The Lion King, Simba grows from prince to king and the audience is there with him the entire way. I think of all the dogs Disney created, Pongo deserves a place in the top 25 heroines!" Had it not been for this hero (and Pocahontas) and his role in the Disney movie, the word "savage" would still be uttered." - Aaron Wallace - Aaron Wallace In the end, the Pumpkin King can be summed up as a rather naïve hero who, like many other Disney protagonists, is searching for his place in the world. This was a hard category, but I picked Aladdin because he Mulan Links: 2-Disc Special Edition DVD | DVD Review | Mulan II DVD Review | Shan-Yu in Villains Countdown | "I'll Make a Man Out of You" in Songs Countdown | Animated Classics, 21) John Smith, Pocahontas (1995) - Joe (Wonderlicious) The Beast seldom feels like a cartoon character; he seems as if he is real." • "I remember over here in England when Toy Story was first released that there was a crisis at Christmas. Animator: Glen Keane In the face of evil, oppression, a maniacal and treacherous uncle, and even death, by the film's end, Simba proves he is every bit as courageous as he believed himself to be as a child." Animator: Alex Kupershmidt That, to me, is what true love is, even if not returned. For nearly eighty years, he's lent a familiar face of childhood identity and assurance to youngsters and adults around the world. Wikis. He's agile, slick and has a little light that blinks. But Stitch speaks, sort of, and he seems to have a number of powers in his arsenal. Various ‎– Disney's Hero Songs, Volume 3 Label: Walt Disney Records ‎– 60390-7, Walt Disney Records ‎– 60376-7 Format: CD, Compilation Country: US Released: 1996 Genre: Children's, Stage & Screen. Voice: Tim Allen The Lion King Links: DVD Review | The Lion King in Animated Classics Countdown | "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" in Songs Countdown | The Lion King II: Simba's Pride | Scar in Villains Countdown | The Lion King 1½ | The Lion King Merchandise and DVDs Around the World • "Timon/Pumba fan" on Buzz Lightear: "To Infinity and Beyond!" Simba is one of the bravest characters in Disney History or cinema history! Throughout the film Marlin shows that he is quite capable of saving his son on his own, and he obviously does in the heart-warming finale. • "In my view, Hercules exeplifies what a true hero is made of. google_ad_client = "pub-9732201945510416"; • "Love makes you crazy, but surprisingly, it can make you a hero! Robin Hood Links: DVD Review | Gold Collection DVD | Prince John in Villains Countdown | "Love" in Songs Countdown Hercules helped define a true hero in an age where the title of hero is filled with imposters. • "As the main star of 2002's Treasure Planet, Jim Hawkins travels the galaxy in search of a foretold treasure and befriends a conniving cyborg. Disney Afternoon. Buzz Lightear As you can tell from the graphic above, Shang achieves that mold of physically fit specimen. Because of his strive for acceptance, he's one of the few Disney boys/men I can admire." Experiment 626 is not, as Lilo first suspects, a dog. He's not the strongest guy in the Disney cannon, but he has the heart to triumph over them all. - Stephen The Incredibles Links: DVD Review | 2-Disc Collector's Edition | The Incredibles Store | Pixar - Other Animation | The Pixar Films on Disney DVD | Special Editions, 4) Hercules, Hercules (1997) Fast-forward through the sequels, and he demolished Jafar and the 40 thieves, became an actual Prince by marrying Jasmine." From his error comes a chance to be heroic, though no one actually expects him to return with insects that will defend Ant Island from Hopper and his thugs. Similarly, if a hero has infinite bravery on tap, using to defend the helpless against the formidable bad guy, then again, Peter Pan instantly comes to mind. Adult Simba's Voice: Matthew Broderick (speaking), Joseph Williams (singing) Singing Voice: Brad Kane - RJKD23 21) John Smith, Pocahontas (1995) Animator: Alex Kupershmidt Singing Voice: Danny Elfman He was ignorant at first, but throughout the movie, his whole opinion and view of life changed. Guests were able to participate in meet-n-greets with characters such as,the man in red, white, and blue, Captain America; the God of Thunder, Thor Odinson; and the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Later in the film, divers take his small son, Nemo, and Marlin is understandably worried and scared. Robin Hood Links: DVD Review | Gold Collection DVD | Prince John in Villains Countdown | "Love" in Songs Countdown, 12) Woody, Toy Story (1995) and Toy Story 2 (1999) But having already lost all of his other offspring, Marlin does not intend to lose Nemo.