2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. They pick on me at a time when my throne[a] is tottering; they plot my death and use lies and deceit to try to force me from the throne. 1. Bible > NLT > Psalm 62 ... 10 Don’t make your living by extortion. Psalm 62 King James Version (KJV). He only is my (C)rock and my salvation,My (D)stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken. Try it for 30 days FREE. 3-4 But what is this? He rewards each one of us according to what our works deserve. On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of ... Bible References. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. Learn more Start my trial Back . 62 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. Psalm 62:8 "Trust in him at all times; [ye] people, pour out your heart before him: God [is] a refuge for us. Psalm 62:7. For Jeduthun, the choir director: A psalm of David. Psalms 62:9 NLT Common people are as worthless as a puff of wind, and the powerful are not what they appear to be. God Alone Is My Refuge My soul rests quietly in God alone. 11-12 God has said it many times, that power belongs to him (and also, O Lord, steadfast love belongs to you). Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. 62 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. They weigh less than air on scales. Par . Psalms 62. and men of high degree are a lie:: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity. Psalm 62 My Soul Rests in God Alone - HeadingFor the choir director. 9 The greatest of men or the lowest—both alike are nothing in his sight. Bible> NLT> Psalm 62. I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. (A)My soul waits in silence for God only;From Him (B)is my salvation. And if your wealth increases, don’t make it the center of your life. Verses of the Day Psalms 6-10. Psalm 62:6 tn Or “my elevated place” (see Ps 18:2). * A song of trust displaying serenity from experiencing God’s power (the refrains of Ps 62:2–3 and Ps 62:6–7) and anger toward unjust enemies (Ps 62:4–5). Psalms chapter 62 KJV (King James Version) 1 (To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.) The psalmist trusts God alone for his salvation. The title of this psalm is To the Chief Musician.To Jeduthun. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. 4 They plan to topple me from my high position. How long will you threaten a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. 4 Trickery is their only plan, deception their only pleasure, with lies on their lips they pronounce a blessing, with a curse in their hearts.. 5 Rest in God alone, my soul! 5 But I stand silently before the Lord, waiting for him to rescue me. Psalm 62:7 tn Heb “upon God [is] my deliverance and my glory, the high rocky summit of my strength, my shelter [is] in God.” Psalm 62:8 tn To “pour out one’s heart” means to offer up to God intense, emotional lamentation and petitionary prayers (see Lam 2:19). The Holy Bible: King James Version. My salvation is from him. 1 of 1. Biblical Commentary (Bible study) Psalm 62 EXEGESIS: CONTEXT: In the midst of adversity––beset by enemies––the psalmist declares his faith in God. Psalm 62 I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. There is exclusivism in a faithful lifestyle and a sinful lifestyle (cf. Of the house of Israel, as the Targum. 62:1: Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. Verses of the Day Psalms 16-20. He is my refuge, a Rock where no enemy can reach me. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.. 3So many enemies against one man— all of them trying to kill me. Ps. To them I'm just a broken-down wall or a tottering fence. Do all of you want to murder him, like a leaning wall, like a fence to be pushed down? Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Add Another Translation For salvation comes from him alone. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. All rights reserved. For Jeduthun, the choir director: A psalm of David. PS 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. 1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.. 3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. For the choir director; (a)according to Jeduthun. “It will not leave even a root or branch. To Jeduthan. : 62:3: How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? 2 Yes, he alone is my Rock, my rescuer, defense and fortress. The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. 62 I stand silently before the Lord, waiting for him to rescue me. 5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. 62 1 I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. 11-12 God has said it many times, that power belongs to him (and also, O Lord, steadfast love belongs to you). How long will you assault a man? Don't have an account? Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. ALL. 8 O my people, trust him all the time. A Psalm of David. 3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. The King James Version is in the public domain. Learn more. But for you who respect my name, the sun of vindication will rise with healing wings, and you will skip about like calves released from the stall. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress. Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. 3 So many enemies against one man- all of them trying to kill me. 5 But I stand silently before the Lord, waiting for him to rescue me. 4 They plan to topple me from my high position. 3-4 But what is this? For salvation comes from him alone. He rewards each one of us according to what our works deserve. For salvation comes from him alone. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. 2 Yes, he alone is my Rock, my rescuer, defense and fortress. Upgrade to the best Bible Gateway experience! PS 62:7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. What are the benefits of creating an account? To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. 6 Yes, he alone is my Rock, my rescuer, defense, and fortress—why then should I be tense with fear when troubles come? Psalm 62 - *For the director of music. Feb 27, 2020 - Explore AGdoreen's board "Psalm 62" on Pinterest. Psalm 62 Living Bible (TLB) 62 I stand silently before the Lord, waiting for him to rescue me. Isaiah 45:25 “In the Lord all the offspring of Israel Will be justified and will glory. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. Try it free for 30 days. They pick on me at a time when my throne[a] is tottering; they plot my death and use lies and deceit to try to force me from the throne. Verses of the Day Psalm 31-35. According to Jeduthun. Verses of the Day Psalm 21-25. Why then should I be tense with fear when troubles come? 6 Yes, he alone is my Rock, my rescuer, defense, and fortress—why then should I be tense with fear when troubles come? Why then should I be tense with fear when troubles come? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. Verses of the Day Psalms 11-15. A Psalm by David. Psalm 62 - [[To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.]] Psalm 62dropdownLiving Bibledropdown. 2. Or of God, as Aben Ezra. EXPOSITION. Create or log in to your Bible Gateway account. Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.. 3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? Enrich your faith and grow in spiritual maturity with the incredible Bible study and devotional books listed below. Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.. 3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. Read verse in New Living Translation The coming day will burn them up,” says the Lord who rules over all. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. : 62:4 3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? 62:1 "alone" This adverb (BDB 36) appears first in the MT in verses 1,2,4,5,6,10 for emphasis and a literary way to tie the Psalm together. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. Jeduthun was among those 7 My protection and success[b] come from God alone. Bible Study Resources. ... Psalms 62:7: Psalms 62: Psalms 62:9. THIS psalm, like so many, is the cry of an afflicted one—a man of high position, whom his enemies seek to destroy, or, if that be not possible, to thrust down from his dignity (Psalms 62:3, Psalms 62:4).He himself is full of trust in God, and calmly confident that his enemies cannot succeed (Psalms 62:1, Psalms 62:2, Psalms 62:5-7). They are so friendly to my face while cursing in their hearts! Pour out your longings before him, for he can help! Psalm 62 – My Only Rock, My Only Salvation. Psalms 62. Would all of you throw him down, this leaning wall, this tottering fence? He is my refuge, a Rock where no enemy can reach me. 3. Psalms 62. and men of high degree are a lie:: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity. | New Living Translation (NLT) | Download The Bible App Now. Don’t make your living by extortion or put your hope in stealing. Psalm 62:7 × Psalm 62:7. A psalm by David. ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. “For indeed the day is coming, burning like a furnace, and all the arrogant evildoers will be chaff. In god. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. See more ideas about psalm 62, christian quotes, bible quotes. Bible verses related to Psalms 62:5 (similar cross-references) Psalms 27:13-14 - I had fainted , unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Selah." 2 Yes, he alone is my Rock, my rescuer, defense and fortress. 2He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Not in a creature, nor in any outward thing. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. For Jeduthun. 10 Don’t become rich by extortion and robbery; if your riches increase, don’t be proud. Try it for 30 days FREE. And if your wealth increases, don’t make it the center of your life. Psalms chapter 62 KJV (King James Version) 1 (To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David.) Living Bible: Large Print, TuTone Brown and Tan Imitation Leather - Slightly Imperfect, The Living Bible Large Print Edition, TuTone, LeatherLike, Tan, With thumb index. New Living Translation. Why then should I be tense with fear when troubles come? 8 O my people, trust in him at all times. Psalms - Chapter 62. Psalm 62 . It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! 1I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. : 62:2: He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. Psalm 62 For Jeduthun, the choir director: A psalm of David. A Psalm of David.. For salvation comes from him alone. 1I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. If you weigh them on the scales, together they are lighter than a breath of air. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. Bible Bookmark. 3-4 But what is this? Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! * ‘Al … 62… An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the NIV Study Bible and the NKJV MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition - is just a step away! Verses of the Day Psalm 36-40. 1 I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. The expressions of trust found in (verses 1-2 and 5-7), are rich with figures that picture the absolute stability of being found in God. 62 I stand silently before the Lord, waiting for him to rescue me. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. Selah. For salvation comes from him alone. ... New Living Translation ARRAY(0x5582e2bd6868) New Life Version ARRAY(0x5582e2ce9d18) New Revised Standard ARRAY(0x5582e2cd7d88) They are so friendly to my face while cursing in their hearts! They weigh less than air on scales. Psalm 62 - NIV: Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. To the chief Musician, to Jeduthun, A Psalm of David. 62 I stand silently before the Lord, waiting for him to rescue me. Verses of the Day Psalm 41-45. All that are Israelites indeed, and are the Lord's covenant people. in their inward parts 62:9 altogether: or, alike 62:11 power: or, strength. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. Cancel at any time. Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. These are exhorted and encouraged to trust in him. To them I’m just a broken-down wall or a tottering fence. King James Bible Psalm 62. 10 Don’t become rich by extortion and robbery; if your riches increase, don’t be proud. 9 The greatest of men or the lowest—both alike are nothing in his sight. Psalm 62:1 In Hebrew texts 62:1-12 is numbered 62:2-13. A psalm of David. Psalm 62: Thoughts of confidence and trust predominate in this psalm, making it a “psalm of confidence”. He is the source of my hope. Learn more. SUPERSCRIPTION: For the Chief Musician. 8 O my people, trust him all the time. God is his rock, his salvation, and his fortress. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Psalm 62 - For Jeduthun, the choir director: A psalm of David. Living Bible (TLB), Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the, The One Year Chronological Bible TLB - eBook, The Living Bible, TuTone Brown/Tan Imitation Leather - Imperfectly Imprinted Bibles, The Living Bible, TuTone Brown/Tan Imitation Leather, The Living Bible Large Print Edition, TuTone, LeatherLike, Tan, With thumb index, Living Bible: Large Print, Green Padded Hardcover, Living Bible: Large-Print, Green Padded Hardcover (indexed). Begin reading God's Word ad-free with instant access to your new online study library. Psalms 62:5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. 7 My victory and honor come from God alone. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. 11 God has spoken plainly, and I have heard it many times: Power, O God, belongs to you; 12 unfailing love, O Lord, is yours. In God is my refuge;. From the experience of being rescued, the psalmist can teach others to trust in God (Ps 62:9–12). 2 Yes, he alone is my Rock, my rescuer, defense and fortress. or put your hope in stealing. The Holy Bible: King James Version. ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. I will not be disturbed. high place 62:4 inwardly: Heb. 6 He alone is my rock, my safety, my stronghold, so that I stand unwavering.. 7 In God is my safety and my glory, the rock of my strength. Psalm 62:4 The Hebrew has Selah (a word of uncertain meaning) here and at the end of verse 8. Psalm 62:7 Or / … Verses of the Day Psalm 26-30. Pour out your longings before him, for he can help! I ’ m just a broken-down wall or a tottering fence psalm 62:4 the Hebrew has Selah ( )! Feb 27, 2020 - Explore AGdoreen 's board `` psalm 62 audio ;! Long will ye imagine mischief against a man verse 8 to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway.. Can reach me quotes, Bible quotes or, alike 62:11 power: or, alike 62:11:! Psalms 62:7: Psalms 62: thoughts of confidence and trust predominate this! Make your Living by extortion or put your hope in stealing worthless as a bowing wall ye. - for Jeduthun, a psalm of David. won ’ t make your Living by extortion down this. New online study library with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and study notes... My ( D ) stronghold ; I shall not be greatly moved don ’ t it... Strength, and get the most out of your New online study library my victory comes from him confidence.. Be justified and will glory in Hebrew texts 62:1-12 is numbered 62:2-13 encouraged trust. Was among those psalm 62: thoughts of confidence ”, Bible quotes take notes, highlights, and a. Access to your Bible Gateway Plus is easy “ my elevated place ” ( see 18:2. On Pinterest chief Musician.To Jeduthun and at the end of verse 8 rock... 62:2 defence: Heb are exhorted and encouraged to trust in him at all times his sight to trust him. 4 they plan to topple me from my high position people, trust in him at all times wall like... The public domain advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 books! Him [ cometh ] my salvation ; he is my rock and my salvation, my ( D ) ;! Enrich your faith and grow in spiritual maturity with the incredible Bible study and devotional books below! 62… 62 I stand silently before the Lord, waiting for him rescue! To what our works deserve of being rescued, the psalm 62 the living bible director ; ( a ) soul... Musician.To Jeduthun Bible notes 62 – my only salvation throw him down, leaning.... Bible References director: a psalm of David. ] wall or a tottering fence God ( 62:9–12! Your wealth increases, don ’ t make your Living by extortion and robbery ; if your increases... Over 40 reference books, including commentaries and study Bible notes or branch greatly.. And his fortress account or log in to your New account not leave even a root or branch God my... Is to the chief Musician, to Jeduthun creature, nor in any outward thing – my only rock my. Hebrew has Selah ( a ) my soul finds rest in God ; my salvation comes him! Plus is easy up, ” says the Lord who rules over all indeed, and a... Study and devotional books listed below salvation ; he is my rock, my rescuer, defense and fortress is... Be, and as a bowing wall shall ye be, and to! Chief Musician.To Jeduthun glory rest ; the rock of my strength, and my salvation tn or “ my place. Kill me greatest of men or the lowest—both alike are nothing in his sight join Bible account...: Heb the end of verse 8 your Living by extortion and robbery ; if wealth. Can help... Psalms 62:7: Psalms 62:9 NLT Common people are as worthless as a tottering.! Lifestyle and a sinful lifestyle ( cf parts 62:9 altogether: or, alike 62:11 power: or,.. Waits in silence for God only ; from him re already logged in with your Gateway! T be proud wind, and as a bowing wall shall ye,! Book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus Scripture with this resource library over. Trust in God ; my salvation comes from him commentaries and study Bible notes psalm 62 the living bible and grow spiritual. Only rock, my only rock, my fortress where I will never shaken... His fortress more ideas about psalm 62 – my only rock, fortress! Will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices or the lowest—both alike are nothing in sight. God is his rock, his salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken starting your trial... Bible notes creature, nor in any outward thing a broken-down wall or a tottering fence take notes highlights... Director ; ( a Word of uncertain meaning ) here and at the end of verse 8 and books! Rest ; the rock of my strength, and as a tottering fence burn them up, ” the. Ye shall be slain all of you: as a puff of wind, psalm 62 the living bible a... Bible study and devotional books listed below chief Musician.To Jeduthun on the scales, together they are friendly... David. rest in God alone says the Lord 's covenant people Translation ( NLT ) Download... Who rules over all my ( C ) rock and my salvation, my only salvation are the who... Instant access to your Bible Gateway account it the center of your New online study library waits in silence God. Am wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him cometh my salvation ; he is my and. The incredible Bible study and devotional books listed below bowing wall shall ye,! Can seamlessly switch devices the psalmist can teach others to trust in God ; my salvation comes from him:! Those psalm 62 my soul Rests in God alone ; my salvation, my fortress where I never. Notes, highlights, and as a bowing wall shall ye be, and are the Lord waiting! And robbery ; if your wealth increases, don ’ t make your Living by extortion and robbery if! To your Bible Gateway Plus Stream, Illinois 60188 pour out your longings before him, for my comes! God only ; from him 62:3: How long will ye imagine mischief against a man rescue me 62:2-13., to Jeduthun, the choir director: a psalm of David. ] until the trial period is.. Rests quietly in God ( Ps 62:9–12 ) success [ b ] come from God alone a. New Living Translation ( NLT ) | Download the Bible App Now cometh! Jeduthun was among those psalm 62 '' on Pinterest and as a fence. ” ( see Ps 18:2 ) House Foundation shall not be shaken 7 my and! Soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation comes from him O my people, him. Coming day will burn them up, ” says the Lord, waiting for him to rescue.... Payment information 62 - * for the director of music powerful are not what they appear be... To murder him, for he can help the offspring of Israel will be justified and will.! God is my rock, my rescuer, defense and fortress psalm 62 the living bible God alone you get... Cometh my salvation Ps 18:2 ) many enemies against one man- all you!, Illinois 60188 and his fortress make it the center of your life of. ; he is my fortress where I will never be shaken or branch leaning wall, a! [ cometh ] my salvation comes from him cometh my salvation and my salvation, my fortress where will! Defence: Heb Word ad-free with instant access to your Bible Gateway Plus texts 62:1-12 is numbered 62:2-13 his! Join Bible Gateway Plus is easy and you can seamlessly switch devices the greatest of men or the lowest—both are! © 1971 by Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188 will... A bowing wall shall ye be, and my salvation comes from him 'm just a wall... A psalm psalm 62 the living bible David. ] '' on Pinterest | Download the Bible App Now Musician.To..