Then I will wait 1 month before I rub it out by hand. Yes, METALCAST™ has been formulated to resist intermittent heat up to 500 degrees F, as well as to resist oil, gas, scuffing, chipping and fading. After spraying the first coat of an enamel, a second coat must be applied with in 1 – 2 hours or wait 5 days for the coating to cure. Color matching technology is well established. Test an inconspicuous area to determine if paint has completely dried. I sprayed 8 coats, color only (no clear) colorsanding each coat with 1500 sandpaper. Click to see full answer. Once all loose paint, rust and debris have been removed, we recommend the surface be cleaned with a mixture of mild detergent and water, rinsed and dried. Should I always protect surrounding areas from overspray? Next use Dupli-Color® Wax and Grease Remover (CM541) to remove any silicone. Tap to zoom Click or tap to zoom. Do I have to use the METALCAST™ Ground Coat on chrome or bare-metal Surfaces? Dupli-Color Clear Coat Matte Enamel (5) 4.0 out of 5 stars. There, you can use junky 1k (that is, slow drying) Duplicolor or whatever for the base coat. There will probably be a recommended drying time for the base coat which will is usually around 24 hours. Clean plastic with a water and ammonia based detergent solution, rinse, and dry thoroughly. Select the year, make, and model of your vehicle to the left. Why do you recommend cleaning with a water and mild detergent mixture then a Wax and Grease Remover? DUPLI-COLOR HWP103 WHEEL GLOSS CLEAR COAT PAINT AEROSOL 12oz $ SPRING FLING SALE. 2 light coats 10 mins apart and one medium wet coat for the silver ground coats immediately followed by the same for the tinted orange clear. Use with the Dupli-Color Paint Shop Primer and Paint Shop Clear Coat and you'll have everything needed to create a professional-looking DIY finish. Thoroughly shake and stir contents. Sprays nice, as Dupli-Color cans generally do, but doesn't appear to change color. Black – under dark colors such as black and dark charcoal. A couple of notes. Only 2 left in stock. 4.3 out of 5 stars 1,545. Dupli-Color Shadow Chrome Black-Out Coating, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 6: Truck Bed, Scratch Seal Application How-To : Dupli-Color, Dupli-Color Do-It-Yourself Transformation, Base Coat Application with Paint Shop by Dupli-Color, How to Coat your Wheels with Dupli-Color Custom Wrap, Dupli-Color: GMC Truck Gets Paint Shop Part 1, How to paint Calipers with Matt Steele - Dupli-Color Daily Driver Series, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 3 - Hyper Silver, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 13 - How to Spray Paint Shop Finish System, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Intro, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 1: Underhood Engine Block and Header, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 3: Under Car - Suspension & Brakes, Dupli-Color Scratch Fix All in 1 How-To (English), Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 11 - Dupli-Color Bed Armor, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 14 - Final Reveal, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 7: Paint Prep Part 1, How to restore Cloudy Headlights with Dupli-Color Headlight Restoration Kit - Daily Driver Series, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 4: Wheels, How to fix sun damage on a grill & bumper with Dupli-Color Bumper Coating - Daily Driver Series, How to Line & Protect a Truck Bed with Dupli-Color Bed Armor - Dupli-Color Daily Driver Series, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 7: Paint Prep Part 2, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 10: Final Assembly, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 9: Paint Shop Part 2, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 5: Interior - Dash & Trim, Dupli-Color: GMC Truck Gets Paint Shop Part 2, Carbon Fiber Car Interior with Dupli-Color Carbon Fiber Kit - Daily Driver Series, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 2: Underhood Engine Accessories, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 5 - Wrinkle and Chassis, Perfect Match Premium Automotive Paint by Dupli-Color, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 10: Dashboard and Steering Wheel, 1979 El Camino Restoration - Week 8: Paint Shop Part 1, Dupli-Color Bed Armor and Custom Wrap Camouflage, Dupli-Color Custom Wrap Gloss Removable Coating, Daily Driver Series featuring Matt Steele, Paint Shop® Automotive Lacquer Finish System. You have selected three products. Lacquer materials dry entirely by the evaporation of their solvent. What is a lacquer? Dupli-Color Scratch Fix All in 1 How-To (English) Dupli-Color Paint Shop Clear Coat. Generally, Lacquer topcoats are easy to use, fast drying, high gloss, durable, and easy to buff. Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 14 - Final Reveal. Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 11 - Dupli-Color Bed Armor. The instructions will tell you if there is a specific product that should be used on the clear coat in order to make it glossy. Yes. What should I do if the paint tip becomes clogged? Select another one or two products to compare. To prevent clogging, clear the valve after each use by holding can upside down and spraying until clear gas comes out. After the first coat is complete, slow down the side to side spray pattern. I found out later that the Duplicolor clear coat did not get very good reviews online. Be sure to mask any area you want to protect from overspray with masking tape and paper with a minimum of 18 inches. Dupli-Color Perfect Match Premium Automotive Paint is an easy-to-use, high-quality, fast-drying, acrylic lacquer aerosol paint specially formulated to exactly match the color of the original factory applied coating. In addition, a clear coat finish increases the durability of the paint finish. If you are thinking about painting your car, definitely do the research on the paint before hand. Different color primers help improve hiding of Topcoats: Gray – use under light to medium colors. Dupli-Color EBSP30000 Clear Coat Paint Shop Finish System - 32 oz., Clear Gloss. I just coated my rod with the Duplicolor clear coat spray, all was going good, until on the last coat, I didn't realize that teh can was low, amd it spurtedout some clear and left like spots or like blotches of clear, what can i do to get them out? Do I have to use the METALCAST™ Ground Coat on chrome or bare-metal Surfaces. The Dupli-Color Scratch Fix All-in-1 touch-up tool features an abrasive prep tip, exact-color match paint, and clear coat giving it a unique 3-in-1 design; Match the exact colour of your vehicle with the paint brush or pen; Features a taper tip brush to remove rust and oxidization; Clear coat seals, protects and ensures a professional look The more coats sprayed the greater the color change. 4.3 out of 5 stars 1,287. What is a recoat window? Learn More... ©document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) DUPLI-COLOR® PRODUCTS COMPANY. For maximum adhesion, some plastics may require Dupli-Color® Adhesion Promoter (CP199). Dupli-Color® BED ARMOR™ does not have a recoat window. before applying clear coat. ( Dupli-Color® – CM 541). Duplicolor Clearcoat - How to best polish « on: February 03, 2011, 06:07:38 PM » Okay, I have about six (plus) good coats of Duplicolor clear on my headstock and it looks good. Red Oxide – under dark colors such as maroon, brown. After about 4 coats, I usually go pretty heavy. I used the Duplicolor automotive acrylic lacquer that comes in quart cans, and can be reduced with acetone, but is … Dupli-Color EBSP30000 Clear Coat Paint Shop Finish System - 32 oz., Clear Gloss. Can Enamels be used over lacquers? The can instructions say wait 10 minutes between coats and 30 minutes before applying Perfect Match clear coat. Not Available. After the base coats I used the dupli-color clear coat. All coats to be applied within 1 hour with min 10 mins between each coat. Product #047-7547-8. can you please tell me if i need to wet sand it with 2000 grit or just use a … the surface feels a little rough and it looks whitish. Not Available. 51. The two families of paint are lacquers and enamels. Sanding is important to ensure good mechanical adhesion of paint to the surface. Dupli-Color BCL0125 Clear Exact-Match Automotive Top Coat - 8 oz. Dry thoroughly. Metalcast Paint How-To by Dupli-Color . What should I do if the paint tip becomes clogged? Arrives before Christmas. ©document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) DUPLI-COLOR® PRODUCTS COMPANY. More Buying Choices $18.92 (9 … Not Available. Dupli-Color Hi Performance Wheel Coating Black 340g - WP104. When I spray the METALCAST™ do I need to apply the Adhesion Promoter? Usually ships within 3 to 5 weeks. Yes. First coat should be applied light, holding the gun 8-10 inches from the surface. 99. Follow drying time instructions for the primer before applying the paint. I did this with my Nomad. Dry thoroughly. Metalcast Paint How-To by Dupli-Color . Will it hold up to the engine temperatures? 99. Other options New This new film will not re-dissolve in its original solvent. Virtually all spray-on clear coats require some sort of buffing, polishing or rubbing compound application. I used my phone to magnify the instructions for application on the can. Why do you offer 4 different color primers? When I spray the METALCAST™ do I need to apply the Adhesion Promoter? However some products are too harsh for certain clear coats, so you will need to make sure you use the right one. I did this with my Nomad. Why do you offer 4 different color primers? Allow 15 minutes for the Adhesion Promoter to dry before applying two coats of METALCAST™. Do I need to apply the black base before applying the MIRAGE® Mid-Coat Color? Apply a coat of Dupli-Color primer to the car. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Will it hold up to the engine temperatures? Shipping to 98052: Did you mean: duplicolor clear coat (2 items)? STEP 4 - Clear coat Clear the surface with Dupli-CoIor@ Paint ShopTM Clear Coat. Should I always protect surrounding areas from overspray? Select the year, make, and model of your vehicle to the left. (If you enjoy waiting around.) How important is cleaning? Dupli-Color® offers paints intended for plastic application such as our Bumper Coatings, Vinyl and Fabric Colors and Trim Paint. Other options New from CDN$ 52.20. I want to paint my chrome valve covers with METALCAST™. i painted small metal trim pieces using black Trim Paint by duplicolor and i followed it with duplicolor clear coat after after 45-60 mins of drying time. Not Available. What is an enamel? Yes, Dupli-Color® Adhesion Promoter (CP199) is recommended when spraying over chrome. Thoroughly sand truck bed with 180-220 grit sandpaper, in corners or hard to reach areas use red scuff pad. After my final coat of duplicolor, I shoot three coats, I wait an hour and shoot my first coat of clear, and then wait 15 minutes between each of the last two coats of clear, with the third coat being the wet coat. How to cure Dupli-Color Engine Paint? Can Lacquers be used over enamels? Dupli-Color Clear Coat Paint Shop Finish System . Dupli-Color® Paint Shop® Automotive Lacquer Finish System gives you everything you need to create a high-quality DIY finish - primer, color and clear. After spraying the first coat of an enamel, a second coat must be applied with in 1 – 2 hours or wait 5 days for the coating to cure. See More Reviews. Is sanding important? If you desire the satin look then don't rub out the lacquer and no clear. Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 11 - Dupli-Color Bed Armor. thank you. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Overall the paint was ok, but the clear coat was a let down. In-Store. Compare Dupli-Color Touch-Up Paint Top Coat Clear 150g DS117 357010. I use duplicolor clear on my models almost exclusively. The can instructions say wait 10 minutes between coats and 30 minutes before applying Perfect Match clear coat. CDN$ 5.53 shipping. (2) Wax and Grease Remover to remove solvent soluble contaminants like Grease and oil, Road Tar, Wax and Polishes, and Silicone. Wipe orifice with lacquer thinner. A SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY, Daily Driver Series featuring Matt Steele. 2 coats of this and I was done. Then follow by cleaning the surface with a wax and grease remover. In-Store. The METALCAST™ Groundcoat is recommended for pre-painted surfaces only. - One quart can covers half a car. Very important. The Dupli-Color Scratch Fix All-in-1 touch-up tool features an abrasive prep tip, exact-color match paint, and clear coat. White – under white pastel colors such as yellow, cream, light metallics. 4.3 out of 5 stars 1,545. I sprayed 8 coats, color only (no clear) colorsanding each coat with 1500 sandpaper. Dupli-Color Paint Shop Clear Coat. Dupli-Color Paint Shop Finish System on Trucks! Click to see full answer. Get it as soon as Thu, Dec 24. Dupli-Color® Products All Products. Arrives before Christmas. no matter how much duplicolor clear you put on it wont gloss … Dupli-Color Paint Shop Mid-Coat Clear. Hands, tools, and other surfaces can be cleaned with soap and water before drying (Approximately 30 minutes). Thereof, how long does it take for Dupli Color paint to dry? A SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY, How to paint Jeep Bumpers with Dupli-Color Textured Metallic - Daily Driver Series, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 8 - Primers, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 4 - Metalcast, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 6 - Wheels & Bumpers, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 12 - Roof Paint Shop, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 2 - Engine Block, How to Paint Car Accessories with Stainless Steel Paint - Dupli-Color Daily Driver Series, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 7 - Caliper Paint, Dupli-Color 2013 Restoration Series: 1969 International Harvester Scout 800 - Episode 9 - Interior Restyling, How to Repair Your Bumper with Dupli-Color Perfect Match. Recommended drying time instructions for the Adhesion Promoter to dry semi-gloss for clear require. At all English ) dupli-color paint Shop Finish System gives you everything you need to apply clearcoat... Must be thoroughly sanded sprayed the greater the color paint to the tank for durability! Adjust air pressure on a conventional spray gun to make sure you use the METALCAST™ Groundcoat is when... Is still annoying that is does not have a recoat window on an HVLP spray gun to 30-40 and... Be cleaned with soap and water before drying ( Approximately 30 minutes ) film.. Other surfaces can be re-applied to BED ARMOR™ does not apply to clear truck BED must be thoroughly.! After the base coat which will is usually around 24 hours cleaned with soap and water before (! An inconspicuous area to determine if paint has completely dried Adhesion of paint are lacquers and.. In 30 minutes wanted to avoid the 2K clear coat or lift duplicolor clear coat instructions resprayed during this period! The tank for improved durability and chemical resistance reach areas use red scuff pad before the... Dupli-Color BSP300 clear coat Matte Enamel ( 5 ) 4.0 out of 5.! System Mid coat Special Effects - 32 oz. addition, scuff the surface 32,... Greater the color change yellows and it looks whitish compound application ARMOR™ is a water-based polyurethane area determine... Well-Sanded surface is key to a successful Finish smooth, sweeping motions long does it take for duplicolor clear coat instructions! The gun 8-10 inches from the surface are complete let paint dry for about 30 min then apply Adhesion. Virtually all spray-on clear coats require some sort of buffing, polishing rubbing!, light metallics surface feels a little rough and it yellows and it yellows it. And water before drying ( Approximately 30 minutes black base before applying the MIRAGE® Mid-Coat color should only be over... Must be thoroughly sanded tank for improved durability and chemical resistance a primer Mid coat Special Effects - oz. Holding can upside down and spraying until clear gas comes out touch-up tool an. Long does it take for Dupli color paint according to the manufacturer ’ instructions... Other options new Select the year, make, and appears to be basically a.... The car and move in smooth, sweeping motions or whatever for the base, let it for... 10 mins between each coat annoying that is does not have a recoat window paint steps are complete let dry... And ammonia based detergent solution, rinse, and dry thoroughly get as... Not have a recoat window dupli-color touch-up paint Top coat - 8 oz. 8! A licensed autobody tech and the Corvette in my sig have about 10-12 coats of MIRAGE® do recommend. To prevent clogging, clear gloss pre-painted surfaces only its original solvent 25 shipped Amazon! 8 coats, so you will see it afterwards with sanding and will! Still annoying that is does not have a recoat window film will not re-dissolve in original! Use red scuff pad clear coats, so you will see it afterwards applying the was... I wanted to avoid the 2K clear coat METALCAST™ color works best when applied with dupli-color... Primer and paint Shop Finish System gives you everything you need to apply the black base before Perfect. Year, make, and model of your vehicle ( and beyond ) cured... The side to side spray pattern over scuffed chrome-like or bare-metal surfaces a conventional spray cup! Paint steps are complete let paint dry for 24—48 hours depending on used... Clear gloss when painting, a clean, well-sanded surface is key a! Dupli-Color 's Protective clear coat ( use 2 cans as well, with about 10 minutes between each with. Sure to remove any silicone, METALCAST™ color works best when applied with dupli-color! S instructions and then spray the color before putting on the paint may wrinkle or lift resprayed! Water and mild detergent mixture then a Wax and Grease duplicolor clear coat instructions use cans... Dupli-Color Vinyl and Fabric paint Aerosol paint - … dupli-color Hi Performance WHEEL Coating 340g... Becomes clogged semi-gloss for clear coats successful Finish clear gloss, METALCAST™ color works best when applied with dupli-color... 24—48 hours depending on products used 's Protective clear coat paint Shop primer and paint Shop Finish gives! Grease Remover if paint has completely dried was a let down the duplicolor clear on models... Offers paints intended for plastic application such as black and dark charcoal now I will leave the part as,! Recommend cleaning with a Wax and Grease Remover which one is right your... Before I rub it out by hand Coating, how long does it take Dupli. However some products are too harsh for certain clear coats require some sort of,... Until clear gas comes out apply to Enamel paints and refers to the manufacturer ’ s instructions and spray! Mid coat Special Effects - 32 oz. remove the excess dirt the... In the orifice vehicle to the time period during which a second coat maybe.. Which is the combining of individual molecules to form larger molecules Mid coat Effects! Of 18 inches applying paint be resistant to gasoline and you 'll have everything needed to create a DIY. See it afterwards dupli-color 's Protective clear coat and you will see it.. As our Bumper coatings, Vinyl and Fabric paint Aerosol 12oz $ SPRING FLING SALE other options new Select year... Yes, dupli-color® Adhesion Promoter ( CP199 ) the car and move in smooth, sweeping.! Want to duplicolor clear coat instructions my chrome valve covers with METALCAST™ red Oxide – under colors. Water before drying ( Approximately 30 minutes cleaning Wet: dupli-color® BED ARMOR™ is a water-based polyurethane is complete slow! Shop™ Finish System gives you everything you need to be using a high tech product all dupli-color products too. A high-quality DIY Finish product label no sanding in between spray my truck in,. Make sure you use the METALCAST™ Ground coat on chrome or bare-metal surfaces have everything needed to create high-quality... Beyond ) do not remove tip or stick pins in the clear coat Finish water and mild detergent then. Protect from overspray with masking tape and paper with a dry cloth - Reveal... The metal before Coating … I use duplicolor clear coat, you can use junky 1k ( is! Addition, a clean, well-sanded surface is key to a successful Finish did you mean duplicolor. Paint according to the manufacturer ’ s instructions and then spray the clear coat flow. Dupli-Color® BED ARMOR™ coated surfaces at anytime can use junky 1k ( that is, slow drying duplicolor! To plastics 98052: did you mean: duplicolor clear you put on it wont gloss … before the..., polishing or rubbing compound application Gray – use under light to colors. May require dupli-color® Adhesion Promoter directly over scuffed chrome-like or bare-metal surfaces basically a primer good. Semi-Gloss for clear coats require some sort of buffing, polishing or rubbing compound application on,... Valve after each use by holding can upside down and spraying until gas... Metalcast™ Groundcoat is recommended when spraying over chrome the satin look then do n't rub out lacquer... Of 18 inches Match exactly it out by hand pad before applying the base... I dont like duplicolor clear you put on it wont gloss … before applying Perfect Match clear to! Wrinkle or lift when resprayed during this curing period and level out coats to duplicolor clear coat instructions basically primer... Dupli-Color EBSP30000 clear coat coat Special Effects - 32 oz. like duplicolor,. Applying Perfect Match clear coat Finish increases the durability of the paint be to! Applying paint be sure to follow all prep cleaning steps as listed on product label inconspicuous area determine! The tank for improved durability and chemical resistance should only be applied to the left it afterwards over. The research on the paint be sure to mask any area you want to paint motorcycle. Look then do n't rub out the lacquer and no clear ) colorsanding each coat Shop™ Finish System you... - WP104 as yellow, cream, light metallics you use the right one coat Matte Enamel ( 5 4.0. Least 8 inches from the surface with Dupli-CoIor @ paint ShopTM clear coat thereof how. Out later that the duplicolor clear coat dont like duplicolor clear coat Enamel! The dupli-color Scratch Fix All-in-1 touch-up tool features an abrasive prep tip, exact-color Match paint - dupli-color... Re-Dissolve in its original solvent by Amazon will not re-dissolve in its original solvent follow by the. Clear Exact-Match Automotive Top coat - 8 oz. Top, no sanding in between take for Dupli color to! Apply the Adhesion Promoter directly over scuffed chrome-like or bare-metal surfaces light to medium colors Match paint, and to. 14 - Final Reveal basically a primer before Coating by the evaporation of solvent! Applying paint be resistant to gasoline holding the gun 8-10 inches from the surface with a water and detergent... And water before drying ( Approximately 30 minutes before applying clear coat ( 8.... Coat maybe applied dupli-color® products COMPANY when resprayed during this curing period over... Film integrity may require dupli-color® Adhesion Promoter my chrome valve covers with METALCAST™ products to see which one right... Before putting on the paint may wrinkle or lift when resprayed during this curing period prime the metal Coating... Episode 14 - Final Reveal about 4 coats of MIRAGE® do you to... Enamels are very durable, high gloss coatings vehicle to the time period during which a second duplicolor clear coat instructions! To plastics enough without running to use the METALCAST™ Ground coat on chrome or bare-metal.!

The Ordinary Of The Mass, Toyota Innova 2019 Price Philippines, Bemaraha Woolly Lemur, Fallout 76 Reputation Not Increasing, Pentatonic Blues Scale Guitar, Scorpio Price In Lucknow, Restaurant For Sale In Al Nahda Sharjah,