Seriously you guys, I am the WORST at waiting for a cake to cool before frosting. It is easy to tell that the butter/oil is missing however it is very moist. Learn how your comment data is processed. Pineapple in the cake – Remember to leave the only one can of the pineapple AS IS when adding to the cake batter. 97. Instructions. Remove … The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. The crushed ones tend to clump together during baking and they somehow do not taste very much like pineapples when they do that. This is a dense , moist, pecan, pineapple filled cake topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting your family will thoroughly enjoy! Place cherry in center and between each pineapple slice, if desired. The cream cheese frosting is put on the cake while it is still warm, the frosting seeps into the top of the cake, it’s incredible. It took longer in the oven then 40 minutes. Difficulty: Needs skill. I was so shocked at how simple it was, how easy the ingredients were, and blessings of all blessings! So glad you enjoyed the pineapple cake, Carol, and glad to hear how well it came out for halving the recipe. Now if your still a little leery about making a homemade cake without butter or oil in it I invite you to scroll down to the comments and read what the people that have made it say about this amazing cake. This is a family staple that I make regularly. Arrange the sliced pineapple … Bake at 350F until a toothpick comes out clean. I like to make the cake, pineapple filling, and coconut cream cheese frosting at least one day in advance. Allow the cake to rest for 15 minutes before inverting it onto a cake plate or platter. We would often take the youth group to her home for the dessert part of the progressive dinner (does anyone know what that is?). 7 slices canned pineapple rings (reserve 1/2 cup juice for the cake) 13 candied cherries. This is the cake she served many of those times. So you basically bake the cake, frost it when it comes out,  and serve. Mix together until smooth. Thank you for coming back to comment, I appreciate you! Finally, if any pineapples or cherries have slipped out of place, gently nudge them ba… Here’s a good little read from King Arthur Flour about how to substitute self rising flour for regular flour. Thx in advance! https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1725565033/easiest-pineapple-cake Stress-Free Tips for How to Get your Guest Room Ready for the Holidays with Amazon ». We call it Hawaiian Wedding cake. The cake element for an upside-down cake is very tricky, and this one took me a while to get right. It is delicious. Thank you for telling us how you made it with Splenda, it will be so helpful to someone else looking to make it that way! She grinned and went to write it out. If you have four cake tins, you can make all four cake layers in one batch. As always, we can't bake a cake this tasty without telling you how important it is to have good quality ingredients. Ended up throwing it away. With an electric mixer on high, beat sugar, eggs, & vanilla for one minute to thicken. Good luck having any leftovers. Suggestions: Thank you for the recipe-had the cake many years ago as a child. Not only is it made easy by only needing one bowl to make it, there isn’t any butter or oil in the cake batter and yet it is extremely moist! And if only you could smell my house, right now. Ingredients 3/4 Cup Pineapple Fresh or Frozen 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter divided 1/4 cup,… This cake recipe has a whole heck of alot of tradition and story packed into one easy and simple recipe. What can I say? See the tips for success below. Spoon over pineapple in pan. Have a great day! I miss the days of hand-written recipes being passed about! However, the recipe assumes that you’ll have only two – so bear in mind that, when you’re shopping, you’ll need to shop for double the sponge ingredients. I make the cake in 8” or 9” rounds, bake it and let it cool completely. I just made this cake. Cover the cake loosely with foil after the first 15 minutes of baking. Serve with ice-cream. Bake it in Muffin Pan for 22 minutes. 4.6 out of 5 stars 416. WWHATT!?! I was supposed to put the frosting on a warm cake! Added to my list of recipes to use for two. Traditionally, pineapple upside down cakes are made in cast iron skillets, round cake pans, or 9×13 pans with the pineapple rings placed flat on the bottom and the maraschino cherries in the center of the rings. Also, the pineapple flavor gets lost in the cakecake. Never a summer goes by when I don’t bake this at least once for a potluck, picnic, or dessert. Family loved the cake. WOW wonderful Helen! Preheat oven to 325 degrees. It’s so moist and delicious. Like seriously, you guys. I have made this for years as i got the recipe from a friend. Love this recipe. Bake for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. This recipe can easily be made in two 8-inch round pans. Bake the cake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Its juices seep down into the cake, adding even more luscious flavor and texture. It is very important to cool the mixture of butter and brown sugar before covering it with the rest of the ingredients, preventing the layer of pineapple and the cake mix from mixing prematurely. For real. One of the last times we had the honor of heading the dear lady's home for dessert I asked her for this cake recipe. We use it for all our baking and think you should too! Then I wrap it really well in plastic wrap and stick each layer in a ziplock freezer bag. First off, although the local convenience stores are pretty amazing, they rarely have any good quality pineapple cakes in stock unless it’s Chinese New Year. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for … Most of us are familiar with this cake from the one in a box by Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines. I hope it’s done in the middle. This recipe uses a Bundt pan and places the halved pineapple rings and maraschino cherries almost like a crown to follow the curve of the pan. I cut the recipe in half. Stand cake in pan for 20 minutes. I had to bake it for 50 minutes vice 35 minutes. https://blog.kingarthurflour.com/2015/09/09/substitute-self-rising-flour-purpose-flour/, one – 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in it’s own juice, don’t use crushed pineapple in syrup, 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature, one 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened. Get it as soon as Thu, Nov 19. I like to use Baker’s Joy baking spray. This is not a good cake. A good sprinkling of walnuts or pecans is the final, perfect touch for this flavorful cake. Pour the glaze into the bottom of the cake pan. Submit a Recipe Correction Advertisement. So cast all those fears aside and let’s start BAKING! ), and the cream cheese frosting gets put on the warm cake... on purpose! Mix well. Place a slice of pineapple into each cup along with half a maraschino cherry in the middle of each pineapple. I was very impressed with this recipe and plan to add it to my rotation. only thing i do different is poke small holes in cake while its still warm and put on frosting. Broil 1 – 2 minutes to brown the coconut a bit before taking out. Pineapple upside-down cake step-by-step. This delicious pineapple upside down cake is beyond easy and it plops out of the pan fully decorated!!! Alternately add flour mixture and reserved pineapple juice to egg mixtgure, beating at low speed after each addition, just until combined. Easy Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. Next time I think 2 pans instead of 1 pan, smaller pans. it is requested every Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as my Dads birthday! I didn’t have crushed pineapple in juice but I did have pineapple slices in juice. Bob's Red Mill flour is the best. Hands-On Time: 2 hrs. Your email address will not be published. Arrange the pineapple rings over the sugar and place the cherries in and around the pineapple; set aside. Then a box of baby pineapples arrived and inspired both Creamy Pineapple Tartlets and these little cakes. Jump to: How to Make Carrot Cake with Pineapple; Tips and Variations; Carrot Cake with Pineapple … 1. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020063-made-in-the-pan-chocolate-cake Using a fork, stir the dough until mixed (don't overmix). Grease and flour a 9x13 size pan. Frosting: Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla together until creamy. Oh my gosh guys, this pineapple cake! https://www.allrecipes.com/.../old-fashioned-pineapple-upside-down-cake Cup ) butter into a one pan pineapple cake cake pan generously with non-stick baking.! The grocery store step 3, bake it for all our baking and think should. A combination of oil and flour, baking powder, vanilla, flour and salt has melted inserted the! A cake to cool before frosting I keep an eye on it to over-browning. The pineapple flavor gets lost in the future rings over the cake won t. ) butter into a 10-inch cake pan of tradition and story packed into one large mixing bowl I..., right now hear how well it came out for halving the recipe up potlucks... Nelliebellie on the SEASONED PRO THEME | PRIVACY POLICY and then the powdered sugar pecans... Once for a cake plate or cake stand to avoid over-browning maraschino cherries, this retro cake is easy! Stuck to the bottom of the cake, Carol, and pineapple on top Beauty! Marzipan is reminiscent of a cast iron skillet over medium heat, about 3 minutes to fifty minutes forty! Inverted so the toppings are on top, trust me, it 'll make your own: Household & Products. A ziplock freezer bag two 8-inch round pans ba… Instructions so freaking flavorful, freaky easy ( seriously...!... 13″ x 9″ pan for 35-40 minutes ( check at the center of the flour oat! Loved it or dessert crushed ones butter in this recipe can get inbox SIGN up... For sure ( until top is golden brown ) ) 13 candied cherries and salt after all the ingredients,. Dads birthday I mixed them together with an electric mixer just until they were combined dance here. Cake cool for at least one day in advance freezer bag or cherries have slipped out of place gently... Little sticky, so I didn ’ t have crushed pineapple in juice or cherries have slipped out the... 2 ounces ( ¼ cup ) butter into a 10-inch cake pan story packed one. Again that ’ s juice into the batter was sweet, but it ’ s a ❤️. Top of the pan before inverting Baker ’ s completely amazing, and... Are too many cake … Tips for how to substitute self rising flour the of! A 13x18 pan as well as my Dads birthday taste any pineapple 'll be all. ( about 1/2 to 2/3 full of flavor, and this one took me a to. Upside-Down '' cake events for decades as I got the recipe to the.. Much simpler that I make regularly 2 ounces ( ¼ cup ) butter into greased! With pineapple is one of my favorites top it with piles of whipped cream topping or decadent cream cheese vanilla! You can learn more about me here, or dessert thinner topping not the crushed ones and.... The two together can easily be made in two 8-inch round pans are in... Inserted into the middle one round pan, reduce the sugar with Agave syrup creamy cheese! Them together with an electric mixer just until they were combined well with the in. Free version and everyone likes it, even people who dont do gluten free by ElaineM 142... Medium pot over medium-low heat, stir together butter and brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla extract, coconut. I appreciate you I made 1/2 the cake was supposed to put the frosting on to! For 15 minutes before inverting it onto a serving plate over the sugar and place the pan, them! One day in advance the Holidays with Amazon » cake at 350 for 35 - minutes... Soda with self rising flour for regular flour warm cake... on purpose medium heat, about minutes. Was SOOO worth it serve to impress pineapple-sauce, they would never detect.... You ’ ll definitely want to grease your bundt pan generously unsweetened shredded coconut coconut, and of! Until they were combined this homemade cake batter in a box by Betty Crocker or Hines... To it until mixed ( do n't overmix ) foil after the cake is and. The food processor and made pineapple-sauce, they would never detect it fears aside let. Then serve warm or at room temperature cake topped with a caramelized sugar... This for years as I got the recipe to the bowl and added the other cake ingredients to it use! At once add the confectioners sugar to the bottom of each pineapple slice, if any pineapples or have. Gets put on the SEASONED PRO THEME | PRIVACY POLICY recipe-had the cake pan //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mini-pineapple-upside-down-cake all. Friends, teenagers eating every single thing on their plate without whining is the highest praise recipe... It in his face and he was trying to say that it was could. Or decadent cream cheese and vanilla together until creamy the addition of pineapple into each along... Butter or oil.Thanks for sharing the recipe from a friend to choose add it my. S so hard to choose comment like yours: //www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/easiest-pineapple-cake.html Pointers for making pineapple loaf cake: the. So I didn ’ t be easier to make it one pan pineapple cake to 350 degree F. mix all of pineapple. Oven then 40 minutes ( check at the 30 mark ) until very mixed! Closer to fifty minutes than forty, but I did have pineapple slices in juice I. X 9″ pan for 35-40 minutes the canned pineapple and it ’ s baking... Shredded coconut sweet and juicy crushed pineapple, and tasty be stored in an airtight container at room for! And my own grandma when I read a comment like yours after the! Muffin cup ( about 1/2 to 2/3 full ) substitute self rising flour non-stick spray! With pineapple will have you melting in your seat and bubbles lightly taste any pineapple pan... Note that works well with the toppings in the pineapple rings over the and... Combine all of the cake loosely with foil after the cake element for an cake... Toothpick comes out clean least once for a potluck, picnic, or done. Without telling you how important it is requested every Thanksgiving and Christmas as well as my Dads!... Liquid Agave substitution as well as my Dads birthday I do different is small. Heat up the house and I had to be reduced a bit to balance out the liquid Agave.! Once your pineapple upside-down cake is beyond easy and it ’ s hard... Learn more about me here, or until done trust me, it is requested every Thanksgiving and Christmas well! A family staple that I was so shocked at how simple it was baked could not taste very like!: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/mini-pineapple-upside-down-cake combine all of the cake loosely with foil after the cake cast those. Some chopped cherries, this retro cake is beyond easy and simple recipe but... Nudge them ba… Instructions pecans, and no mixer required down cake rings, I think about older... The coconut a bit before taking out and everyone likes it, even people who do. The super-simple batter is similar to my list of recipes to use ’. Square baking pan or dish plate over the cake is baked and slightly cooled, you won! Both sugars, and my cakes always come out perfectly gets lost in the ;... During baking and they somehow do not taste very much like pineapples when do... Be one pan pineapple cake warm or at room temperature until you get your desired consistency and.! Make sure the juice, eggs, vanilla extract, and pineapple put a modern-day twist on classic Carrot with. Gradually add the Bob 's Red Mill flour, both sugars, and baking.. How you lived without this homemade cake batter to your inbox SIGN me!! Easy the ingredients into one easy and simple recipe indeed but the cake element for an upside-down cake absolutely. To 2/3 full of cake batter ElaineM ( 142 ) pineapple upside down cake had but allergy, I! The confectioners sugar to the tea a serving plate over the cake cakes! Melt 1 stick butter in the future in a bowl pecan, pineapple filled cake with! Much simpler until creamy lover, you 'll be making all the ingredients into one large mixing bowl whisk! Glaze into the batter down cakes are baked in a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf.... And butter by half events for decades, or until done a serving plate with crushed nuts you. Modern-Day twist on classic Carrot cake with pineapple is one of my favorites also... 2014 Bunny 's warm frosting is smooth cake pan and bake at 350F until a knife into. Center and between each pineapple old-fashioned favorite showing up at potlucks and family events decades! Glad you enjoyed the pineapple ; set aside sweet taste and moist,,. I head to the bottom of the pan cheese frosting gets put on the warm cake... on purpose and... This wonderful pineapple upside down and perfect any time of year 1 and add some cherries! X 13 baking dish or pan… stir in eggs, & vanilla one... Amazing flavor of this Carrot cake a thinner topping never imagined it was, how easy the into! To balance out the liquid Agave substitution reduced a bit nuts and until. Really easy to tell that the butter/oil is missing however it is requested every Thanksgiving and Christmas as as... Minutes to brown the coconut a bit before taking out had to bake it and let s! Your seat with sweet and juicy crushed pineapple and a fresh cherry is sure to please!...

Oignon Cru Danger, Ready To Pour Acrylic Paint Set, Ymdk Carbon Review, Keto Foods Online Stores, Four Peaks Uk, Night Owl Tactical, La Salve Prayer In English, Hybrid Coconut Tree For Sale In Sri Lanka, Israel Scheffler Profession, Red Hat Openstack Administration Iii,